Note: The following resources are hosted on external independent web sites. Links are provided here to encourage supplemental readings for interested students.
Research Writing and Presentation Resources
- SFU Library Education Databases
- Search SFU for a specific journal
- International Encyclopedia of the Social & Behavioral Sciences (SFU password required)
- SFU Library’s APA Style Guide
- Tradecraft: Professional Writing as Problem Solving (SFU password required)
- Peer editing guide
- SFU Student Learning Commons: The SLC is an academic learning centre providing academic assistance programs for graduate students, international students, mature/returning students, English language learners, and others.
- Write Away (BC Campus)
- Better Posters–A resource for improving poster presentations
- Creating Effective Poster Presentations
- Eye Tracking
- SFU Document Solutions
Research Methods, Stats, Data Analysis, and Research Design
- Tri-Council Policy Statement: Ethical Conduct for Research Involving Humans
- CIHR Best Practices for Protecting Privacy
- SFU Office of Research Ethics
- Surrey School District Information
- Surrey school district research application (see Policy 10770)
Research Bias Check Lists
- These checklists are designed to help readers frame and evaluate the quality of the research they are reviewing.
- Possible sources of bias
- Protections from bias